OUR ACTIVITIES IN Odisha
Report on ‘Five-Day National Level Workshop on Contemporary Developments in the law relating to Violence and Discrimination against Women’ held from 19th to 23rd June 2018 in GoaAccess to Contraceptives, Adolescents' Sexual Health and Rights, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Child Marriage, Consultations, Delhi, HIV & AIDS, Madhya Pradesh, Manipur, Maternal Health, Nagaland, Odisha, Presentations, Publication, Quality of Care, Rajasthan, Report, Safe Abortion, States, Sterilisation, Tamil Nadu, Update, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, WORK
Five-day National level Workshop on contemporary developments in the law relating to violence and discrimination against women was organized by Human Rights Law Network and the Centre for Constitutional Rights in collaboration with various other organizations from across the country. It was held at St. Joseph Vaz
Modi’s cash transfer scheme for pregnant women shortsighted, healthcare quality needs attention firstAccess to Contraceptives, Adolescents' Sexual Health and Rights, Articles, Assam, Chhattisgarh, Child Marriage, Delhi, Issues, Maternal Health, Media Report, New Delhi, News, Odisha, Quality of Care, Report
By Maya Palit
On social media on 1 January, I came across many quips about Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s New Year’s Eve speech. “Judging from the speech, the happiest person in the country should be a 65-year-old pregnant farmer,” went one. These were, of course, prompted by Modi’s promise to introduce a
Presentation: Child Marriage in OdishaChild Marriage, Education, Issues, Odisha, Presentations, Research and Fact Finding, States, WORK
During a judicial colloquium that HRLN held jointly with the Odisha Judicial Academy, Zahra Wynne, a researcher with HRLN, delivered a presentation on child marriage in Odisha. View the presentation content below.
Judicial Colloquium in OdishaAdolescents' Sexual Health and Rights, Child Marriage, Consultations, Education, HIV & AIDS, Issues, Maternal Health, Odisha, Presentations, Quality of Care, Safe Abortion, States, Update, WORK
On the 17th September 2017, HRLN in partnership with the Odisha Judicial Academy held a judicial colloquium on the matter of reproductive health and rights in the State.
State Consultation on Using Law to Ensure Reproductive and Health RightsConsultations, Odisha, Report
Sexuality and reproduction are fundamental to human well being fulfilling relationship within diverse cultural contexts. Implicit in this vision is the idea that men and women will be able to exercise their rights to information on and access to safe, affordable and quality health care services improving access to
- Gauhati High Court: Kohima Bench gives positive order on the PIL filed by HRLN on stockout of anti-retroviral drugs.
- The Ministry of Health has announced the implementation of HIV and AIDS Act
- Oxytocin sale, production ban suspended by Delhi High Court till October, 2018
- Orders District authorities to be more vigilant, officials should be more sensitized: High Court of Patna on the PIL filed on Child marriage
- HRLN receives positive order regarding implementation of ICDS in Hajipur, Bihar
- Fact Finding Report on the conditions of the District Hospitals in Manipur
- New HRLN Fact Finding Report: The Maternal Death of Lt. Tainyu at Panso Village of Nagaland
- New HRLN Fact Finding Report: RKSK’S Disha Clinics for Adolescents in Delhi
- Military spouses face higher perinatal depression risk
- Emergency caesareans put new mothers at higher risk of developing postnatal depression
- Fertility among women on wane across AP: Survey