The publications produced by the initiative, aim to bring the various aspects of the law affecting the rights and guarantees to women in the Indian legal system. It also aims to make accessible important developments in human rights and law in India. It also produces “know-your-rights” materials to increase awareness among Indian women and their partners about contraception, family planning and other reproductive health issues.
A critique of the Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Bill, 2018Articles, Publication, States, Transgender Rights, Update
A critique of the Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Bill, 2018
By Rachana Mudraboyina & Kranti L C
Rachana Mudraboyina a Trans Activist, one of the founding members of Telangana Intersex Hijra Transgender Samiti and founder of Transvision.
Kranti L C is a Queer Advocate
with Human Rights Law Network.
Report on ‘Five-Day National Level Workshop on Contemporary Developments in the law relating to Violence and Discrimination against Women’ held from 19th to 23rd June 2018 in GoaAccess to Contraceptives, Adolescents' Sexual Health and Rights, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Child Marriage, Consultations, Delhi, HIV & AIDS, Madhya Pradesh, Manipur, Maternal Health, Nagaland, Odisha, Presentations, Publication, Quality of Care, Rajasthan, Report, Safe Abortion, States, Sterilisation, Tamil Nadu, Update, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, WORK
Five-day National level Workshop on contemporary developments in the law relating to violence and discrimination against women was organized by Human Rights Law Network and the Centre for Constitutional Rights in collaboration with various other organizations from across the country. It was held at St. Joseph Vaz
HRLN publishes new book called ‘Fact Finding Mission Reports’HIV & AIDS, Maternal Health, Publication, Publication, Quality of Care, Report, States, WORK
This book is a compilation of the 10 best Fact Finding Mission reports of 2017. It contains reports of states like New Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Assam, Odisha, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland and Bihar on Reproductive Rights. It includes issues like maternal mortality, infant mortality, implementation of Indian Public Health Standards etc.
HRLN publishes new book on Sterilization titled ‘Mistreatment and Coercion: Unethical Sterilization in India’Landmark, Publication, Publication, States, Sterilisation
HRLN publishes new book on unethical sterilization practices that continue to exist in India. This book is a result of the various fact findings done by the social activists, researchers and lawyers. It includes cases filed and case studies related to this issue.
Rajasthan Orders 2017Issues, Publication, Quality of Care, Rajasthan, States, Sterilisation, WORK
Available below are all of HRLN's Reproductive Rights Initative's 2017 Orders in the Rajasthan High Court.
- Gauhati High Court: Kohima Bench gives positive order on the PIL filed by HRLN on stockout of anti-retroviral drugs.
- The Ministry of Health has announced the implementation of HIV and AIDS Act
- Oxytocin sale, production ban suspended by Delhi High Court till October, 2018
- Orders District authorities to be more vigilant, officials should be more sensitized: High Court of Patna on the PIL filed on Child marriage
- HRLN receives positive order regarding implementation of ICDS in Hajipur, Bihar
- Fact Finding Report on the conditions of the District Hospitals in Manipur
- New HRLN Fact Finding Report: The Maternal Death of Lt. Tainyu at Panso Village of Nagaland
- New HRLN Fact Finding Report: RKSK’S Disha Clinics for Adolescents in Delhi
- Military spouses face higher perinatal depression risk
- Emergency caesareans put new mothers at higher risk of developing postnatal depression
- Fertility among women on wane across AP: Survey