OUR ACTIVITIES IN Maharashtra
The fight to ban a ‘humiliating’ virginity test for newlywedsAdolescents' Sexual Health and Rights, Issues, Maharashtra, News, States
A movement to stop newly-wed brides from a nomadic tribal community having to take a virginity test has begun in the western Indian state of Maharashtra, and campaigners are determined to put an end to the "humiliating" practice, reports BBC Marathi's Prajakta Dhulap.
Anita*, 22, says the ordeal of her
Maharashtra Orders 2017Issues, Litigation, Maharashtra, States, WORK
Available below are all of HRLN's Reproductive Rights Initative's 2017 Orders in the Bombay High Court, Maharashtra.
Maharashtra Siblings Are Using WhatsApp To Campaign Against Virginity Tests In Kanjarbhat CommunityAdolescents' Sexual Health and Rights, Issues, Maharashtra, News, States
The teenage bride's parents stood anxiously outside their dingy house in Pimpri Chinchwad, Maharashtra, as caste panchayat heads sat around near the door. About 10-15 minutes later, the 40-year-old bridegroom emerged from inside, violently flinging the door open. "She has already blackened her face. I won't accept her as
Female Genital Mutilation: India’s Dark SecretAdolescents' Sexual Health and Rights, Issues, Maharashtra, News, States, Uncategorized
Below is an article written by Harinder Baweja for the Hindustan Times
Imagine being taken to a room in a dark decrepit building. Imagine being pinned down on the floor. Imagine your underwear being taken off. Imagine seeing a knife being heated on the gas stove. Imagine the same hot
HRLN receives a positive order in Mumbai regarding termination of pregnancy past the 20-week periodCase, Impact, Issues, Litigation, Maharashtra, Safe Abortion, States, WORK
HRLN received a positive order from the High Court in Mumbai on the 6th November 2017 regarding a petitioner's need to terminate her pregnancy past the 20-week period mandated by the Medical Termination of Pregnancy Act, 1971. In this case, severe fetal abnormalities had been detected, but the petitioner
- Gauhati High Court: Kohima Bench gives positive order on the PIL filed by HRLN on stockout of anti-retroviral drugs.
- The Ministry of Health has announced the implementation of HIV and AIDS Act
- Oxytocin sale, production ban suspended by Delhi High Court till October, 2018
- Orders District authorities to be more vigilant, officials should be more sensitized: High Court of Patna on the PIL filed on Child marriage
- HRLN receives positive order regarding implementation of ICDS in Hajipur, Bihar
- Fact Finding Report on the conditions of the District Hospitals in Manipur
- New HRLN Fact Finding Report: The Maternal Death of Lt. Tainyu at Panso Village of Nagaland
- New HRLN Fact Finding Report: RKSK’S Disha Clinics for Adolescents in Delhi
- Military spouses face higher perinatal depression risk
- Emergency caesareans put new mothers at higher risk of developing postnatal depression
- Fertility among women on wane across AP: Survey