Through the process of litigation, both individual and PILs, the initiative creates an alternative method to hold government accountable of their legal duties. It has moved the courts to set both a national and international legal precedent by ensuring accountability for maternal death. The initiative actively provides pro bono legal aid for the poor, marginalised and vulnerable whose reproductive health rights have been violated.
Gauhati High Court: Kohima Bench gives positive order on the PIL filed by HRLN on stockout of anti-retroviral drugs.Case, HIV & AIDS, Impact, Litigation, Nagaland, States, WORK
A Public Interest Litigation petition was filed in the Gauhati High Court, Kohima Bench, after the anti-retroviral drug (ARV), Nevirapine, was completely stocked out in all healthcare units in Nagaland at the end of August. In syrup form, the drug is administered to newborn infants to dramatically decrease the
The Ministry of Health has announced the implementation of HIV and AIDS ActArticles, HIV & AIDS, Impact, Litigation, Media Report, News, Report, States, WORK
A crucial legislation for ensuring equal rights to persons affected by HIV and AIDS in getting treatment, admission in educational institutions and jobs has come into force. The Ministry of Health has announced the implementation of the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) Act through
Oxytocin sale, production ban suspended by Delhi High Court till October, 2018Delhi, Landmark, Litigation, Maternal Health, Uncategorized, Update
Delhi High Court lifts the ban or the complete prohibition of domestic sales of Oxytocin till October,2018. According to a notification issued by the Central Government, KAPL was liscensed to produce Oxytocin. However, they were unable to cater adequately to the demands. The High Court order has suspended the
Orders District authorities to be more vigilant, officials should be more sensitized: High Court of Patna on the PIL filed on Child marriageBihar, Case, Child Marriage, Impact, Litigation
The writ petition on the rising number of child marriages was filed in the year 2015.From time to time orders have been passed and, finally the counter affidavit was filed by the respondents on 4th of July, 2018.
The final order on the case is attached below.
HRLN receives positive order regarding implementation of ICDS in Hajipur, BiharBihar, Case, Litigation, Maternal Health, Quality of Care, Update
Attached below is the order received by HRLN regarding implementation of Integrated Child Develpment Scheme in the Anganwadi Centre in Hajipur, Bihar.
- Gauhati High Court: Kohima Bench gives positive order on the PIL filed by HRLN on stockout of anti-retroviral drugs.
- The Ministry of Health has announced the implementation of HIV and AIDS Act
- Oxytocin sale, production ban suspended by Delhi High Court till October, 2018
- Orders District authorities to be more vigilant, officials should be more sensitized: High Court of Patna on the PIL filed on Child marriage
- HRLN receives positive order regarding implementation of ICDS in Hajipur, Bihar
- Fact Finding Report on the conditions of the District Hospitals in Manipur
- New HRLN Fact Finding Report: The Maternal Death of Lt. Tainyu at Panso Village of Nagaland
- New HRLN Fact Finding Report: RKSK’S Disha Clinics for Adolescents in Delhi
- Military spouses face higher perinatal depression risk
- Emergency caesareans put new mothers at higher risk of developing postnatal depression
- Fertility among women on wane across AP: Survey