OUR ACTIVITIES IN Nagaland
Gauhati High Court: Kohima Bench gives positive order on the PIL filed by HRLN on stockout of anti-retroviral drugs.Case, HIV & AIDS, Impact, Litigation, Nagaland, States, WORK
A Public Interest Litigation petition was filed in the Gauhati High Court, Kohima Bench, after the anti-retroviral drug (ARV), Nevirapine, was completely stocked out in all healthcare units in Nagaland at the end of August. In syrup form, the drug is administered to newborn infants to dramatically decrease the
Report on ‘Five-Day National Level Workshop on Contemporary Developments in the law relating to Violence and Discrimination against Women’ held from 19th to 23rd June 2018 in GoaAccess to Contraceptives, Adolescents' Sexual Health and Rights, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Child Marriage, Consultations, Delhi, HIV & AIDS, Madhya Pradesh, Manipur, Maternal Health, Nagaland, Odisha, Presentations, Publication, Quality of Care, Rajasthan, Report, Safe Abortion, States, Sterilisation, Tamil Nadu, Update, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, WORK
Five-day National level Workshop on contemporary developments in the law relating to violence and discrimination against women was organized by Human Rights Law Network and the Centre for Constitutional Rights in collaboration with various other organizations from across the country. It was held at St. Joseph Vaz
New HRLN Fact Finding Report: The Maternal Death of Lt. Tainyu at Panso Village of NagalandIssues, Maternal Health, Nagaland, Publication, Quality of Care, Research and Fact Finding, States, WORK
A fact-finding team from Human Rights Law Network, Nagaland Unit consisting of a lawyer and a social activist went to Panso village under Tuensang district. The team received information about the case of a maternal death from an aggrieved inhabitant of Pathso village. They also visited the Primary Health Centre, Panso
Presentation: Analysis of Reproductive Health in NagalandAccess to Contraceptives, Adolescents' Sexual Health and Rights, Consultations, Education, HIV & AIDS, Issues, Maternal Health, Nagaland, Presentations, Quality of Care, Report, Research and Fact Finding, Safe Abortion, WORK
HRLN held a state consultation in Nagaland regarding reproductive and sexual health rights in the state. During this, HRLN researcher Zahra Wynne delivered a presentation of an overview of reproductive rights issues within Nagaland. View the content of the presentation below.
Presentation: Contraceptive Information and Services in India (2017)Access to Contraceptives, Consultations, Education, Issues, Nagaland, Presentations, Research and Fact Finding, States, WORK
HRLN held a state consultation on reproductive and sexual health rights in Kohima, Nagaland, in June 2017. During the consultation, HRLN researcher Zahra Wynne delivered a situational analysis on contraceptive information and services in India. View the content of the presentation below.
- Gauhati High Court: Kohima Bench gives positive order on the PIL filed by HRLN on stockout of anti-retroviral drugs.
- The Ministry of Health has announced the implementation of HIV and AIDS Act
- Oxytocin sale, production ban suspended by Delhi High Court till October, 2018
- Orders District authorities to be more vigilant, officials should be more sensitized: High Court of Patna on the PIL filed on Child marriage
- HRLN receives positive order regarding implementation of ICDS in Hajipur, Bihar
- Fact Finding Report on the conditions of the District Hospitals in Manipur
- New HRLN Fact Finding Report: The Maternal Death of Lt. Tainyu at Panso Village of Nagaland
- New HRLN Fact Finding Report: RKSK’S Disha Clinics for Adolescents in Delhi
- Military spouses face higher perinatal depression risk
- Emergency caesareans put new mothers at higher risk of developing postnatal depression
- Fertility among women on wane across AP: Survey