OUR ACTIVITIES IN Odisha
Report on Maternal Mortality and Indian Public Health Standards, Balasore, OdishaMaternal Health, Odisha, Research and Fact Finding, Update
According to a 2013 report on reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health, conducted by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW) in 2013, “there are still 56,000 maternal deaths each year. About two-thirds of maternal deaths occur in just a few states – Assam,
Maternal Mortality in OdishaMaternal Health, Odisha, Research and Fact Finding
Between 14 March and 15 March 2015, health rights activists conducted a fact-finding mission in the Rayagada District of Odisha following the death of , Sikoka Alme, who was pregnant,. The preventable deaths are due to poor provision of health services at all levels of the health care system.
Issues Faced by Transgender Persons in OdishaOdisha, Research and Fact Finding
Between 20 July and 22 July 2015, social activists from the Human Rights Law Network (HRLN) conducted a fact-finding mission in Cuttack (Cuttack district) and Bhubaneswar (Khurdha district), Odisha in order to establish the current situation of the transgender communities living in these areas.
Odisha has a very visible transgender
- Efficacy, safety, cost: India’s decade-old debate on the cervical cancer vaccine erupts again
- Sex ratio at birth dips in 17 large states, Gujarat tops list
- The fight to ban a ‘humiliating’ virginity test for newlyweds
- Times of India Interview with HRLN Bihar State Coordinator on Child Marriage
- Maharashtra Siblings Are Using WhatsApp To Campaign Against Virginity Tests In Kanjarbhat Community