Our Activities in Assam
Report on ‘Five-Day National Level Workshop on Contemporary Developments in the law relating to Violence and Discrimination against Women’ held from 19th to 23rd June 2018 in GoaAccess to Contraceptives, Adolescents' Sexual Health and Rights, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Child Marriage, Consultations, Delhi, HIV & AIDS, Madhya Pradesh, Manipur, Maternal Health, Nagaland, Odisha, Presentations, Publication, Quality of Care, Rajasthan, Report, Safe Abortion, States, Sterilisation, Tamil Nadu, Update, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, WORK
Five-day National level Workshop on contemporary developments in the law relating to violence and discrimination against women was organized by Human Rights Law Network and the Centre for Constitutional Rights in collaboration with various other organizations from across the country. It was held at St. Joseph Vaz
The Two-Child Norm: More Anti-Autonomy than AntidoteAccess to Contraceptives, Adolescents' Sexual Health and Rights, Andra Pradesh, Articles, Assam, Bihar, Haryana, Issues, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Quality of Care, Rajasthan, Report, Safe Abortion, Sex Selection, States, Sterilisation, Update, Uttarakhand
A 1980s Indian Stamp stating 'a small family is a happy family'
Zahra Andalucia Wynne – Since 1951, India has seen its population almost quadruple from 360 million to 1.2 billion people, making it the
Assam Orders 2017Assam, Issues, Litigation, Maternal Health, Quality of Care, States, WORK
Available below are all of HRLN's Reproductive Rights Initative's 2017 Orders in the High Court of Guwahati, State of Assam.
New HRLN Fact-Finding Report: Availability of Services for Pregnant Women in Rajgarhali Tea Estate, AssamAssam, Issues, Maternal Health, Quality of Care, Research and Fact Finding, States, WORK
In November 2017, researchers and social activists from HRLN visited the Rajgarhali Tea Estate in Tinsukia District, Assam, intending to investigate whether pregnant women and mothers were receiving their JSY entitlements. In many instances, nutrition and cash assistance was not being provided, and some women were not even aware of
New HRLN Fact-Finding Report: The Functionality of Anganwadi Centers in Tinsukia District, AssamAssam, Issues, Maternal Health, Quality of Care, Research and Fact Finding, States, WORK
In November 2017, a team of researchers and social activists from HRLN went to visit an Angwanwadi Center in Tinsukia District, Assam, and found highly disatisfactory conditions with dire consequences for women and infants. Read the full report below.
- Gauhati High Court: Kohima Bench gives positive order on the PIL filed by HRLN on stockout of anti-retroviral drugs.
- The Ministry of Health has announced the implementation of HIV and AIDS Act
- Oxytocin sale, production ban suspended by Delhi High Court till October, 2018
- Orders District authorities to be more vigilant, officials should be more sensitized: High Court of Patna on the PIL filed on Child marriage
- HRLN receives positive order regarding implementation of ICDS in Hajipur, Bihar
- Fact Finding Report on the conditions of the District Hospitals in Manipur
- New HRLN Fact Finding Report: The Maternal Death of Lt. Tainyu at Panso Village of Nagaland
- New HRLN Fact Finding Report: RKSK’S Disha Clinics for Adolescents in Delhi
- Military spouses face higher perinatal depression risk
- Emergency caesareans put new mothers at higher risk of developing postnatal depression
- Fertility among women on wane across AP: Survey