In India HIV/AIDS became a serious issue of concern in the realm of public health. India has the highest prevalence of HIV/AIDS as compared globally. According to the study of Global Burden of Disease (GBD), 2015, “In India, 1.96 lakh new HIV infections were reported. The GBD-2015 also said that worldwide new HIV infections were stagnating at 2.5 million a year. The study adds that a total of 28.81 lakh people in India were living with HIV.” (1.96 lakh new HIV infections in India last year, says study, 2016).
- Efficacy, safety, cost: India’s decade-old debate on the cervical cancer vaccine erupts again
- Sex ratio at birth dips in 17 large states, Gujarat tops list
- The fight to ban a ‘humiliating’ virginity test for newlyweds
- Times of India Interview with HRLN Bihar State Coordinator on Child Marriage
- Maharashtra Siblings Are Using WhatsApp To Campaign Against Virginity Tests In Kanjarbhat Community