“Primary Health Centre is the cornerstone of rural health services- a first port of call to a qualified doctor of the public sector in rural areas for the sick and those who directly report or referred from Sub-Centres for curative, preventive and promotive health care.” Being the first port of health sector, it is the state responsibility to strengthen primary health centre so that it can provide basic and quality health services to vulnerable and marginalized section of the society. Access to healthcare involves ‘helping people to command appropriate health care resources to preserve or improve their health’.
- Efficacy, safety, cost: India’s decade-old debate on the cervical cancer vaccine erupts again
- Sex ratio at birth dips in 17 large states, Gujarat tops list
- The fight to ban a ‘humiliating’ virginity test for newlyweds
- Times of India Interview with HRLN Bihar State Coordinator on Child Marriage
- Maharashtra Siblings Are Using WhatsApp To Campaign Against Virginity Tests In Kanjarbhat Community