Post Date: Tuesday, February 6, 2018
HRLN Researcher Monalisa Burman and intern Anusha Ravishankar travelled to Chulhapani Village in Dindori District, Madhya Pradesh, to investigate a severe case of medical negligence that resulted in a pregnant woman giving birth in a field. Samar Vati was denied services, slapped and abused by healthcare staff, and turned away from hospital in her greatest time of need. Samar survived the ordeal, but many woman in India are not so fortunate, and die during childbirth when refused services or abused by staff. HRLN uses public interest litigation to continuously hold Government hospitals accountable for medical negligence, disrespectful and abusive care, and discrimination against marginalised women within the healthcare sector.
- Gauhati High Court: Kohima Bench gives positive order on the PIL filed by HRLN on stockout of anti-retroviral drugs.
- The Ministry of Health has announced the implementation of HIV and AIDS Act
- Oxytocin sale, production ban suspended by Delhi High Court till October, 2018
- Orders District authorities to be more vigilant, officials should be more sensitized: High Court of Patna on the PIL filed on Child marriage
- HRLN receives positive order regarding implementation of ICDS in Hajipur, Bihar
- Fact Finding Report on the conditions of the District Hospitals in Manipur
- New HRLN Fact Finding Report: The Maternal Death of Lt. Tainyu at Panso Village of Nagaland
- New HRLN Fact Finding Report: RKSK’S Disha Clinics for Adolescents in Delhi
- Military spouses face higher perinatal depression risk
- Emergency caesareans put new mothers at higher risk of developing postnatal depression
- Fertility among women on wane across AP: Survey