HRLN received at order from the High Court of Madhya Pradesh dated September 2017. The petitioner had filed a PIL regarding the violation of schemes guaranteed under the National Health Mission, such as JSY and JSSK, which are supposed to provide access to free maternal healthcare to those who cannot afford it.
The State failed to provide a response within the allotted timeframe. Considering this, the Judge gave the State a further 15 days to reply, but fined the State Rs. 10,000.
'The inability of women to survive pregnancy and child birth violates her fundamental rights to life as guaranteed under Art. 21 of the Constitution of India.'
You can refer to photographs of the order below.
- Breaking: ‘Sex With a Minor Wife is Rape’, Supreme Court Rules
- India girl ‘raped by teachers’ critical after abortion
- HRLN represents 13-year old rape victim who is granted an abortion at 31 weeks by the Supreme Court
- Baby born to woman who was denied permission to abort dies
- HRLN receives positive order from the Patna High Court regarding quality of healthcare in Bihar prisons