On the 17th September 2017, HRLN in partnership with the Odisha Judicial Academy held a judicial colloquium on the matter of reproductive health and rights in the State.
In attendance was the Chief Justice of Odisha, Hon'ble Shri Justice S. K. Mishra, as well as many High Court judges and Judicial Officers. Colin Gonsalves, the founder of HRLN and a Senior Supreme Court Advocate, also spoke about HRLN's pioneering work in the field of reproductive rights.
The colloquium was held in order to sensitise the judiciary to issues of reproductive rights. Several speakers from HRLN and other organisations presented on topics including abortion, child marriage, HIV/AIDS, the right to food, maternal death, and adolescent health.
We hope to provide further training to judicial officers in order to ensure that judicial action is constantly upholding and furthering the reproductive and human rights of women both in Odisha and across India.
- The fight to ban a ‘humiliating’ virginity test for newlyweds
- Times of India Interview with HRLN Bihar State Coordinator on Child Marriage
- Maharashtra Siblings Are Using WhatsApp To Campaign Against Virginity Tests In Kanjarbhat Community
- Female Genital Mutilation: India’s Dark Secret
- Despite Sterilization At Delhi Govt Clinic, Woman Gets Pregnant, Asks For Compensation