On the 17th September 2017, HRLN in partnership with the Odisha Judicial Academy held a judicial colloquium on the matter of reproductive health and rights in the State.
In attendance was the Chief Justice of Odisha, Hon'ble Shri Justice S. K. Mishra, as well as many High Court judges and Judicial Officers. Colin Gonsalves, the founder of HRLN and a Senior Supreme Court Advocate, also spoke about HRLN's pioneering work in the field of reproductive rights.
The colloquium was held in order to sensitise the judiciary to issues of reproductive rights. Several speakers from HRLN and other organisations presented on topics including abortion, child marriage, HIV/AIDS, the right to food, maternal death, and adolescent health.
We hope to provide further training to judicial officers in order to ensure that judicial action is constantly upholding and furthering the reproductive and human rights of women both in Odisha and across India.
- The Lancet release latest study on abortion and unintended pregnancy in India
- 56% Abortions Unsafe Despite Being Legal; Proposed Amendments On Hold
- HRLN file petition regarding non-availability of alcohol to detect TB
- Modi’s cash transfer scheme for pregnant women shortsighted, healthcare quality needs attention first
- Delhi High Court probe ‘disturbing’ negligence linked to infant death at Safdarjung Hospital