HRLN filed a successful public interest litigation petiiton regarding the appalling lack of healthcare provided to prisoners across Bihar. The lack of healthcare services was noted by the High Court, who took a strong view of the situation and admonished both the prison authorities and the Bihar State Government. Enclosed above is news report covering the case and the results of the petition.
- Breaking: ‘Sex With a Minor Wife is Rape’, Supreme Court Rules
- India girl ‘raped by teachers’ critical after abortion
- HRLN represents 13-year old rape victim who is granted an abortion at 31 weeks by the Supreme Court
- Baby born to woman who was denied permission to abort dies
- HRLN receives positive order from the Patna High Court regarding quality of healthcare in Bihar prisons