HRLN filed a successful public interest litigation petiiton regarding the appalling lack of healthcare provided to prisoners across Bihar. The lack of healthcare services was noted by the High Court, who took a strong view of the situation and admonished both the prison authorities and the Bihar State Government. Enclosed above is news report covering the case and the results of the petition.
- The Lancet release latest study on abortion and unintended pregnancy in India
- 56% Abortions Unsafe Despite Being Legal; Proposed Amendments On Hold
- HRLN file petition regarding non-availability of alcohol to detect TB
- Modi’s cash transfer scheme for pregnant women shortsighted, healthcare quality needs attention first
- Delhi High Court probe ‘disturbing’ negligence linked to infant death at Safdarjung Hospital