HRLN recently filed a petition on the non-availability of alcohol, which had nearly stopped the early detection of Tuberculosis through Sputum Smear Microscopy, which required alcohol to facilitate the testing.
The case was widely reported in the newspaper. Although the case is ongoing, the centre has directed the state to make arrangements for the provision of alcohol to facilitate Tuberculosis testing.
You can read a newspaper clipping on the case below.
- Maharashtra Siblings Are Using WhatsApp To Campaign Against Virginity Tests In Kanjarbhat Community
- Female Genital Mutilation: India’s Dark Secret
- Despite Sterilization At Delhi Govt Clinic, Woman Gets Pregnant, Asks For Compensation
- The Lancet release latest study on abortion and unintended pregnancy in India
- 56% Abortions Unsafe Despite Being Legal; Proposed Amendments On Hold