HRLN's researchers recently visited a Government Hospital in the Farrukhabad district of Uttar Pradesh; Lohia Hospital. Dozens of children have died between July and August 2017 due to negligence within the hospital – a grim reflection of the shocking Gorakhpur incident of August 2017. During our research, we found that corruption in the hospital was rife, staff had appalling and abusive attitudes towards patients, and both nurses and doctors displayed negligence and a disinterest in helping sick newborns. Read the full report, researched by Aman Khan and compiled and edited by Shaoni Mukherjee, below.
- Maharashtra Siblings Are Using WhatsApp To Campaign Against Virginity Tests In Kanjarbhat Community
- Female Genital Mutilation: India’s Dark Secret
- Despite Sterilization At Delhi Govt Clinic, Woman Gets Pregnant, Asks For Compensation
- The Lancet release latest study on abortion and unintended pregnancy in India
- 56% Abortions Unsafe Despite Being Legal; Proposed Amendments On Hold