Post Date: Monday, January 14, 2019
Date : 13/12/2018
A team from department of woman and child development on December 13 (Thursday night) intervened and stopped a child marriage in Upli village in Rajasthan. Officials said that the department was given a tip about a minor girl, who was getting married in the village.
The officials from the department along with police inquired about the age of the girl from her father. Initially, the father of the bride mislead the officials and police about the age of his daughter and told them that she was an adult and has attained the age to get legally married. When asked to show the documents, the father continued to mislead the officials and claimed that the documents were burnt to ashes during a fire incident at their former residence. However, the father finally confessed that his daughter was a minor.
The national convenor of NCCEBL, Mr. Nirmal Gorana said that they received information regarding the child marriage of a girl child that was taking place on the 13th of December, 2018 at Kalyan Pura, Abapura, Banswara district of Rajasthan in the evening. So the NCCEBL informed to the concerned department about the child marriage. The concerned department took immediate action and rescued the minor girl from child marriage. Girl child marriage under 18 years of age is in violation of the provisions of The Prohibition of Child Marriage Act, 2006.
- Gauhati High Court: Kohima Bench gives positive order on the PIL filed by HRLN on stockout of anti-retroviral drugs.
- The Ministry of Health has announced the implementation of HIV and AIDS Act
- Oxytocin sale, production ban suspended by Delhi High Court till October, 2018
- Orders District authorities to be more vigilant, officials should be more sensitized: High Court of Patna on the PIL filed on Child marriage
- HRLN receives positive order regarding implementation of ICDS in Hajipur, Bihar
- Fact Finding Report on the conditions of the District Hospitals in Manipur
- New HRLN Fact Finding Report: The Maternal Death of Lt. Tainyu at Panso Village of Nagaland
- New HRLN Fact Finding Report: RKSK’S Disha Clinics for Adolescents in Delhi
- Military spouses face higher perinatal depression risk
- Emergency caesareans put new mothers at higher risk of developing postnatal depression
- Fertility among women on wane across AP: Survey