In a case fought by Human Rights Law Network, the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India while upholding a woman's reproductive right permitted a woman to abort her 24 week foetus with abnormalities, on the 25th of July’2016. Here’s Poonam Muttreja, Executive Director of the Population Foundation of India speaking about the implications of this judgement for the women and their reproductive rights in India.
Kudos to the initiative team which worked hard to ensure the rights of the woman!
- Maharashtra Siblings Are Using WhatsApp To Campaign Against Virginity Tests In Kanjarbhat Community
- Female Genital Mutilation: India’s Dark Secret
- Despite Sterilization At Delhi Govt Clinic, Woman Gets Pregnant, Asks For Compensation
- The Lancet release latest study on abortion and unintended pregnancy in India
- 56% Abortions Unsafe Despite Being Legal; Proposed Amendments On Hold